Suspects charged in connection with death of friend no longer be -

Suspects charged in connection with death of friend no longer behind bars

Posted: Updated:

Two men facing charges in connection with the death of their friend, are not behind bars, as they've been released on their own recognizance. The victims' family members say he was hanging out with the wrong crowd, but did not deserve this.

"I just knew from the beginning that something wasn't right." As Angelic Cruz prepares to plan her own sons funeral, loved ones couldn't help but ask why this had to happen.

"I figured he would be OK. Just lost somewhere," said Jasmine Cruz, sister of the victim. "I figured he would come home."

On Saturday, Cruz along with some family members went searching for 23-year-old Andrew Taylor, who had been missing for nearly a week. She says she had been dreaming about her son, and knew she would find him, but when she found him face-down and partially dressed in a pit near Pancoast Mill Road, it quickly became a nightmare.

"My mind was telling me that it was not him. But as I took another step toward him, I knew. And it was just gruesome what they did, and how they left him like that."

Two of Taylor's friends are being charged in connection with his death. 26 year-old Randy McDowell and 21 year-old Kyle Kinsey are charged with desecration of human remains and obstruction of justice.

"Andrew did hang out with the wrong people, but he had a great heart," said Jasmine Cruz.

The cause of death is pending autopsy results, but police believe Taylor and the two suspects may have been using drugs, which they say may have lead to Taylor having a medical episode.

"If someone is having a medical emergency, you don't just dump them. You get help for them."

Police believe the suspects may have left Taylor following his death.

According to his mother, Taylor was in drug rehab. "He was still going through and had a final drug testing the Wednesday coming up. So why would someone do this when they are trying to better themselves?"

We attempted to speak with Kinsey, but were immediately told to leave the property. According to Cruz, Kinsey dropped Taylor's cell phone off at her house earlier in the week, but when she asked where her son was he told her that Taylor was with friends and would be safe. "Choose your friends wisely."

Both Kinsey and McDowell have previously served time behind bars. McDowell spent one year in jail for conspiracy charges. Kinsey served on charges of theft by unlawful taking, burglary and criminal trespass.

Family members are planning a candle light vigil sometime this week in Taylor's honor.

Most Popular

  • Connect

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMGM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.