Evacuation caused by gas leak in shopping center - NBC40.net

Evacuation caused by gas leak in shopping center

Posted: Updated:

On Wednesday afternoon, Hamilton Police responded to the Mays Landing Square shopping center for a gas leak.

Authorities say that while a forklift driver was moving construction equipment around the plaza, the forklift struck the natural gas meter, causing the pipe to break and the meter to fall to the ground.

For safety, the occupants of the building were evacuated and businesses had to be shut down.

South Jersey Gas responded to the scene to shut the gas service off to the building.  No injuries were reported.


Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMGM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.