Explosion starts fire in Galloway Township home - NBC40.net

Heater explodes, displacing family and damaging house

Posted: Updated:

GALLOWAY TWP. -- Police have released details in the explosion that has forced a family out of their home.

Officials now confirm that it was a heating unit in the basement that caused the explosion.

Just before 3 p.m. Saturday, police and fire fighters responded to the home on the 600 block of Duerer Street .

Those inside the house when the explosion happened say it felt like an earthquake.

Five family members were inside the house. None were seriously injured but one eight-week-old was taken to the hospital for evaluation.

The house was blown off of its foundation and sustained serious structural damage, windows on one side of the house were blown out, and the family won't be able to return until the house undergoes serious renovations.

 

 

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WMGM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.