SOUTH JERSEY --The state warns consumers that kerosene bought at several gas stations is a fire hazard.
The State Division of Fire Safety says any kerosene bought at several gas station from December 10-18 should be put outside and reported immediately.
Officials say the flash point, or temperature at which the kerosene can ignite, is low in this batch and could ignite at temperatures as low as 70 degrees.
Local stations who received the defective kerosene include Pleasantville Riggins on New Road, Cardiff Riggins on the Black Horse Pike in Egg Harbor Twp., Nesco Riggins on Nesco Rd. in Hammonton and South Vineland Riggins on South Main Rd. in Vineland.
Anyone who has purchased kerosene at these stations should call (800) 261-3707.